- 3 large eggplants
- 2 cups flour
- Olive oil
- 1 cup of your favorite tomoato sauce
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella
- Handful of basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the eggplants into 1/3 inch thick disks. Sprinkle slices with salt.
- Lightly dredge eggplant slices in the flour.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat so that the pan is coated in oil a quarter of an inch high. Add the eggplant slices in a single layer and cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat until all eggplant slices are cooked. Add more oil if necessary.
- In a 13” X 9” baking dish, or cast-iron skillet, spread a spoonful of tomato sauce on the bottom. Arrange eggplant pieces in a single layer on bottom. Top each slice of eggplant with a small spoonful of tomato sauce, a few small pieces of torn mozzarella and a torn piece of basil. Once each piece is covered with ingredients, dust entire layer with some Parmesan cheese.
- Continue layering, evenly distributing the ingredients, until you have used all of the ingredients.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling.
- popculturesmash likes this
- deliziainme reblogged this from postcardsofitaly
- postcardsofitaly reblogged this from doubletheappetite
- samanthasimo likes this
- postcardsofitaly likes this
- killing-em-softly likes this
- generalglockenspiel likes this
- katcarcat reblogged this from doubletheappetite and added:
- pennedportraits likes this
- doubletheappetite posted this